Apr 22, 2009

Oh ma !

Chopping up everything that looks green,
Leaving us only with memories of what we had seen,
Walking this world like a pirate crew,
Oh mother, what have they done to you ?

Listening to the commands of a mad priest,
And sever heads of many a beast,
Now, the only place to see them is at a zoo,
Oh mother, what are they doing to you ?

These sore eyes miss the sight of your rich brown skin,
Took it for granted, and I used to break into a grin,
From this concrete jungle I wish I could see through,
Oh mother, what have we done to you ?

The sweet milk from you has become so hard to taste,
Even your tears, are all blocked by plastic waste,
How long do we sit and hang our head in rue ?
Oh mother, what are we doing to you ?

1 comment:

Floyd said...

Mother, should I run for President?
Mother, should I trust the Government?

Thus sang Waters.