Jul 22, 2014

Sunset

When I caught the first ray from her smile,
Not bettered even by the sun in the sky,
I knew I had to turn the page,
For a new day had begun ..

Spent an eternity watching her rise,
My smile never ceasing,
With every step she took,
Breathing beautiful life into me ..

With her bright rays,
Caressing my every inch,
I walked in a daze,
And feel myself pinch,
For an angel walked this earth,
With her hand in mine,
And the heavens watching in mirth,
For, the clock stuck nine,
And filled me with her dearth ..

For I stand here,
Clutching my heart,
As it twinges,
With eternal despair,
Feeling my lifetime drain,
Uttering a random prayer,
I have another song to sing,
Another one for her,
But I stand here, losing my sunshine,
All in a momentary lapse of reason ..


2 comments:

Floyd said...

A momentary lapse of reason.

Subhash said...

Been a very long lapse!