Mar 26, 2009

Disoriented ?

As you come down from the flyover,
You can't help but notice on your left the glare,
You notice the wine shop and decide to buy some beer,
And you ask yourself, so am I there ?

Looking left, you think you might see founder of the church of Alexandria,
Looking right, as the Scottish say, the man who lived near an enclosure,
You feel the right way is neither,
And you ask yourself, so how do I get there ?

You see a place, and you think about Hendrix,
You see another, and want to own a huge mare,
You stop to have a smoke and you know where to get a few toothpicks,
But you're so confused, you don't know if you're there !

You've had enough & think maybe you should go right,
And show Him how good you can be with a prayer,
You see the palace of the God of heart,
And you can feel you're almost there ..

To enter, you need them to raise the bar,
And you think maybe you ended up nowhere,
But then you might hear the sounds from a guitar,
You would know you're near, almost there ..

You can take the lift, but make sure you close the door,
Or take the stairs, but make sure you don't swear,
Whatever you do, just make it to the second floor,
Ring the doorbell and you might even see me there ..

7 comments:

Floyd said...

And then you know that the light at the end of the tunnel is coming from a freight train from the other side. It's a dis-oriented world Our hope just won't last.

It's an entropic system. It's a random world. Every thing is just random.

Arun Kaushal said...

ha ha ! man .. that's way too philosophic ! this thing is about me, yes, me, giving directions to some place ! ha .. i made it so abstract n complicated that no one knows what place I'm talking about ! think i should award the person who guesses the place I'm talking about with some real good stuff .. and i know there won't be too many correct answers too, especially if strangers try figuring this out ! but u're not, so start guessing !! ;)

Floyd said...

Ring the doorbell and you might even see me there..

Oh well! You see a flag that wants to be raised high. Then you have the Fab. Four. And then you see the refracting prism.

Manish Complex! 8-)

Arun Kaushal said...

bloody awesome man ! genius u are :) .. maybe i wasn't so abstract afterall .. the man himself dint figure it out ! but in his defense, he wasn't concentrating too much either ! but what u said is what happens when u get there .. first u gotta get there rit ?! pretty decent directions huh ?! ha ..

Floyd said...

the man himself dint figure it out!
WTF!

To enter, you need them to raise the bar,
...
this gives me a subtle hint! You see, the genius I am! :-)

Whatever you do, just make it to the second floor, Ring the doorbell and you might even see me there ..
And this does it!

Arun Kaushal said...

ha .. cool ! next time, I'll try to be more cryptic and a little more poetic .. but did u figure it out when u added the first comment ?!

Floyd said...

You bet!
Oh well, I did not! I thought it was just a random act of madness! :-)

But when you said you were trying to give directions to a place, by golly, I knew I had to get to something.

It'all nice. Maybe the next time, you will get me really lost! So random the world is!