Jan 16, 2009

Brightened blackness



How I long to see a shooting star..
How badly I need to make a wish ..
Times like these show who you really are ..
The sky's the ocean and you just a small fish ..

Can I walk away from these troubled times,
Without being called a coward ?
Can't life be like a song that rhymes,
Coz mine feels like an anchor being lowered ..

Nothing seems to be going right ..
However high I fly, I always fall on the ground ..
I feel like getting into a fist fight,
With the crunching of bones the only sound ..

I don't mind if I leave the mother,
Who's taken care of me like no other ..
Because In this world I just seek happiness,
But all around me I see only the blackened brightness ..

There are times you ask yourself,
Is this how I want to lead my life ?
Breeding greed using something they call a job,
But eventually realising you're nothing but a door knob ..

When did the destruction of the human begin ?
Were we so ignorant we couldn't even see ?
Were we blinded by the money and the power ?
I think He just sat back and said let them be ..

But when you feel like the dark cloud with the silver lining,
You can't help but wonder if it's all His doing ..
There's an infinite joy you feel that's beyond your reach,
But find it you will eventually if in the right place you search ..

There have been wars fought,
Sometimes for the women they sought ..
You'll realise whatever happens life goes on,
And I think I'll stop before i go on and on ......

No comments: