Jan 27, 2009

The foolish land

I had once set out to explore the beautiful world,
Came across things of beauty and things that were bizarre ..
When I saw a man trying to drink from the far side of the glass,
Thought I was just passing by the foolish land ..

Felt like I watching a snake that's being uncurled,
Ammunition shops that formed in what they called a bazaar ..
Houses where people are said to be fed to the gas,
Corpses dumped in heaps, like it was a wasteland ..

The king, angry with the abuses being hurled,
Contemplating the future while smoking a cigar,
Recites a speech trying to change the mood of the mass,
Arguing that he's the biggest patriot in the homeland ..

So surprised to see how swiftly people enter the dreamworld,
Like they are swaying to the gentle music from a guitar,
Forgetting all about the recent incident of the teargas,
I just hope done passing by this foolish land ..

No comments: