Jan 20, 2009

The day that couldn't get worse ..

Woke up in the afternoon with a bad hangover,
Everything seem to move much slower,
A big heavy head I had to nurse,
Can't help thinking about the day that couldn't get worse ..

Gathered my clothes and headed to the bath,
But I always thought it was a straight path,
An empty tank meant I had to go without a shower,
And I thought the day couldn't get any lower ..

Picked up my keys and headed towards my bike,
In the front tire, found a nail as big as a pike,
Muttered something that sounded like a curse,
Thought the day just couldn't get worse ..

Got on a bus to get to work,
All day I had to listen to that jerk,
I even had to skip my lunch,
That was one day I could have used a punch ..

Spoke to the one on whom I had a crush,
On any other day, you could see the blush,
But made me feel I was speaking in reverse,
Was sure the day couldn't get any worse ..

Headed home with a mind to read a book,
Found it in disarray, thanks to that crook,
Called the cops who said it would take a while,
Can't forget that day which forced upon me a smile ..

No comments: