Jan 16, 2009

Let there be music

And we were all sitting at a big round table,
I could even spot Kane, you and Abel ..
There are lots of fruits and meat to dine,
Strangely, I could even see all kinds of wine ..

We were celebrating something I didn't really know ,
There was only one at the table who looked really low ..
I knew He was the one throwing the party,
I noticed He was just sipping on some coffee & tea ..

I walk up to Him, with a wine glass in my hand,
Told Him with a smile, it was the best in the land ..
He looked straight into my eyes, I could see His hurry ..
The lines on His forehead were definitely of worry ..

Pull a chair son, He said, and sit to my right,
Let there be light, He said, and the room was very bright ..
Let there be music, He said, and looked at me,
I gulped down hard, & thought, why does it have to be me ?

I sang Him a song, about the only thing I thought we had in common ..
About the forests dark green and the earth rich brown ..
About all the crawling creatures & all the wild beasts ..
Of the fish underwater and the birds and their rhythmic beats ..

No comments: